Terms of Service
LAST UPDATED – MARCH 2021
What is K-base?
K-base is a platform for artists (“Creators”) and collectors (“Collectors”) to sell, purchase, list for selling (“Transaction”) on digital art represented on a non-fungible Ethereum-based tokens (“Digital Artwork”).
The Digital Artwork on K-base is represented on smart contracts on the Ethereum blockchain that provides an immutable ledger of all transactions that occur on K-base (“Smart Contracts”). This means that all Digital Artwork is outside of the control of any one party, including K-base, and is subject to many risks and uncertainties. We neither own nor control MetaMask, Coinbase, the Ethereum network, your browser, or any other third-party site, product, or service that you might access, visit, or use for the purpose of enabling you to use the various features of the Platform. We will not be liable for the acts or omissions of any such third parties, nor will we be liable for any damage that you may suffer as a result of your transactions or any other interaction with any such third parties. The User understands that your Ethereum public address will be made publicly visible whenever you engage in a transaction on the Platform.
How do I use K-base?
What are the rules for using K-base?
When using K-base, no User is allowed to:
- manipulate the price of a Digital Artwork in any way, including bidding on your own items, preventing bidding, or using K-base to conceal economic activity.
- email or otherwise upload any content that (i) infringes any intellectual property or other proprietary rights of any party; (ii) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; (iii) in the sole judgment of K-base, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Platform, or which may expose K-base or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
“Owning a “K-base” item is analogous to owning a physical artwork, like an original painting or print.
Ownership does not include intellectual property rights such as copyright claims, ability to produce commercially, and create merchandise therefrom, etc.
The intellectual property remains the possession of the creator
K-base attempts our best to make sure that k-base Items created on the platform are done so by their original creator, but we are not liable if someone breaks our terms and creates items of which they are not the original creator. (This part is more or less already on kbase )
Any asset that are downloaded via the Download High-res or downloaded directly from IPFS (Interplanetary File System) feature does not include intellectual property rights such as copyright claims, ability to produce commercially, and create merchandise therefrom, etc”
How do I become a creator?
Artists can apply to become a Creator on K-base by submitting a request here. K-base maintains complete discretion in selecting the artists in its marketplace, and makes no guarantees or promises that any artists will be approved as Creators even if K-base solicited the request.
What fees does K-base charge?
Auction. The terms and mechanics of the Sales are set forth at and incorporated into these Terms. Fees. The Fees for the sale of Digital Artwork on K-base is as follows:
- Creators will set the price of the artworks according to his exclusive decision process. He will receive 100% of the set price.
- K-base will add 2.5% fees of the price set by the Creator and will collect this amount as Platform fees.
- You agree and understand that all fees, commissions, and royalties are transferred, processed, or initiated directly through one or more of the smart contracts on the Ethereum blockchain network.
All transactions on K-base, including without limitation minting, tokenizing, bidding, listing, offering, purchasing, or confirming, are facilitated by smart contracts existing on the Ethereum network. The Ethereum network requires the payment of a transaction fee (a “Gas fee”) for every transaction that occurs on the Ethereum network, and thus every transaction occurring on K-base. The value of the Gas Fee changes, often unpredictably, and is entirely outside of the control of K-base. The User acknowledges that under no circumstances will a contract, agreement, offer, sale, bid, or other transaction on K-base be invalidated, revocable, retractable, or otherwise unenforceable on the basis that the Gas Fee for the given transaction was unknown, too high, or otherwise unacceptable.
Beta Platforms. Certain features on K-base may be offered while still in “beta” form (“Beta Platforms”). K-base will utilize best efforts to identify the Beta Platforms by labeling on its Platform. By accepting these Terms or using the Beta Platforms, you understand and acknowledge that the Beta Platforms are being provided as a “Beta” version and made available on an “As Is” or “As Available” basis. The Beta Platforms may contain bugs, errors, and other problems. YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS AND ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR USE OF THE BETA PLATFORMS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INTERNET ACCESS FEES, BACK-UP EXPENSES, COSTS INCURRED FOR THE USE OF YOUR DEVICE AND PERIPHERALS, AND ANY DAMAGE TO ANY EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, INFORMATION OR DATA. In addition, we are not obligated to provide any maintenance, technical, or other support for the Beta Platforms.